With this blog comes the hopes and dreams that it will serve multiple purposes.
The first and most significant purpose is to serve as an avenue toward healing the pain that many children of families of violence still carry with them in their adult lives.
Secondly, it will provide educational material. As you make your journey, hopefully you will find the support here of others who have made or who are in the process of making this same journey. The tools and the support that you will need can be found here.

Be aware the content of this blog is in no way "Dressed Up". This blog, like family violence itself, is not a walk in the park. Here the reality is faced both past and present!

Content will be added to this blog as it is made available.

PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE !!

Monday, February 11, 2008

I Am Many



Hi, My name has many, so many am I.
I am a lady, but yet I am a man.
I am an adult, yet I am a child.
I am meek, yet I am bold.
I have many talents and speak
in many different voices, yet I am one.
I have many in my famliy, big and small, yet I have none.

I can be many things at one time.
I can be happy, but then be sad.
Or I can be fun and then afraid.
I like to be at peace with myself,
and I am only a piece of myself.
I can remember almost everything,
but yet I forget all things.
I have pain, but yet feel none.
At all.
My thoughts are many,
yet I hold only a few.
My eyes see many things,
yet my mind holds illusions.


I am old enough to think,
yet too young to know.
I can travel many places,
yet I never leave the room.
I can always see yesterday,
and never remember today.
I am big, but yet I am small.
I am old, but no,
I am young.

I am me, yet I still become you.
I have a lot of love, yet I hate.
I have many friends,
and young ones to play with,
yet I am still alone.
I talk to many people,
and they talk me,
yet I talk not at all.

I hold alot of dreams,
and yet the dream still hold me.
I have a lot of ideas,
and many fantasies too,
yet I know them not at all.
I can see and know what is real,
yet I am in a fairy tale.
I can talk of many things,
yet I keep a "secret."
I have but one life,
yet I live many.

You know me,
yet I know you not.
You see the good,
but I know the bad.
You see the laughter, while I am sad.
I hear many voices,
yet there's no one around.
I know not faith, yet I have hope.
I am all things, yet I am none.
I can see and feel the sun,
but I still walk in darkness.
I can say one thing, but mean many.
I hear the cries, yet you hear the birds.
I know of things, yet not of life.

I know of people,
but not as freinds.
So when you see me
(yet I don't see you),
speak to me as many.
And many will speak to you.

© 2001 by Far and others within
~*~*~*~
Thank you Far for sharing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.